Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TILL THE END AND THEN SOME MORE....



To Mr. Smith…
Never did I know that a  fleeting glance off the 4 walls to the window… could make it happen…
It all started when that  glance turned into an enchanting view…
For u… and for me…
And since then…
   P.S ….I Love You    
Went up the hill,
The scene was still…


















Clouds looked no less than an art piece…
As I uttered a word, it echoed back to tease...
With u, I stood marooned at the peak…
Creeping in, was a nostalgic streak…
Wind swiftly glided my hair to rest at my neck…
First time, I could hear the air, as if on the ships deck…
As I turned back to bring u to the scene…
Although I had seen u for long….but that moment u looked so pristine…
I tried putting the scattered strands of hair behind my ear…
Though passion did grip me…but too did a little fear..
Reaching close…u smiled and looked up to sigh…
I knew what made u smile…but I still ask “why?”
We sit at the edge together…to witness His creation…
Watching together ,made a mere view on  the way  our life’s destination….
Shared the innocence of a child…
Love of a teen…
Promise of a responsible mate…
Promise to be with each other also in dreadful fate…
A promise for benevolence in all times…
A promise to accompany each other in life’s sweet crimes…
That was our day just before we got engaged…
And in my life’s book…it is still specially paged…
Life sure wasn’t straight…with every footstep ahead, it got curvy…
At times, it did get grey…sometimes topsy-turvy…
The first house…the first kid…
The unsuited job, the cash at times did backslid…
Our daughter’s biggest day…
She was engaged…and u were too sobbed  to say…
Through with duties of life which were soaked in the honey of care…
Tired and relieved…I turn around…and found you just right there…

You gripped my hand and closed my eyes…
I got inquisitive…and my dear hubby runs and sighs…
And hence we finally paused…
“At the age of 65…what made u run?
What’s the cause…?”
And u gradually removed your hands from my spectacles…
AND THERE WE WERE…
At the top of the hill…
The scene stood still…
Bliss was around, still a snivel of love dropped from the eye…
So clueless would be the tear if asked “why did you fill in the corner of the eye?”


We sat back again….
Right there …at the edge…
Just the difference was …
Instead of 2 young people in their twenties…
We were the uncle aunt’s in their seventies…
The game of Life did complete its circle, we were the proud players ..
We had jelled our colours…our spectrum was right here…
“went up the hill…

The scene was still….”


With love…
From Mrs. Smith..

No comments:

Post a Comment