Popular Posts

Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Glass House


This piece is written on the pretext of Syrian Boy Alan Kurdi found dead on a Turkish beach .The poem is written in first person because it is a not a lesson to preach but unfortunately a transparent view point of me, you and many like us .

"Speak as we shall,
The brutality of the world is conveniently cornered somewhere
Cornered in newspapers, in history discussions
Cornered beyond borders of hope
Cornered in the anger of the accused
And cornered in laws beyond scope
Convenience, or rather, numbness is a habit,
A victim of this habit gets blinkers by the side
Until it effects my ‘limited us’, I am not going to get off from my monotonous ride
A mere scratch here and I shall revolt and embark
For what effects my ‘limited us’ can only ignite the spark
Sadly, my ‘limited us’ is different from yours or others
And remember to not believe me when I call you a brother from another mother
Because hypocrisy preaches fire and follows water
I might preach humanity but I shall secretly follow slaughter
years of ignorance and I have finally mastered the art of cornering what is gloomy and far
Seems like I am doing justice to my hypocrisy bar
Although I innately fear my bad days
But this habit is reciprocation, it is two ways.."
'Comfortably Numb'

No comments:

Post a Comment