Popular Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN......


If I had only known that thoughts prior to the first meeting before wedding could be so awry ,I would have resolute to die single .Dressed in my velvet red robe, I looked out from window which creaked with the gush of air following the rare April showers. Rolling my eyes off from nature’s surprise, I looked at the grand wall of clock for the third time within a single round of the second hand, and terrible it might sound, I still had no idea to what time it was. I oscillated in unreasonable panic in front of the dressing mirror. I reached out to the window again, that was when my eyes landed at a cart forthcoming my aisle, silencing my thrill. Each knock of the horse feet to the ground, raised my heart beat. The cart hence paused. Stealthily, I saw his vague movement in the shadows and a voice sway along the beats of my favorite romantic rhyme, “I hope you find in me, the trust I found in you, the skies sure will be grey and blue, but I hope u find in me, the trust I found in you”. He stepped out, smiled to the mother queen as she welcomed him in. In seconds of this meager encounter, I had fallen in love with his shadow, his husky yet heartfelt voice. Within a snap, I smashed open the door to have his glimpse as he came in. I rushed through the flight of steps, but only to fall midway, tossed over like a coin’s head turned to tail. This thump of fall brought me back to reality, out from the dream I was in. I found myself at my hostel bed, with the cell phone alarm snoozing, I instantaneously silenced it, to fall back into the vapid dream, but alas…  If I had only known, that dreams could halt midway like this one, I would have indeed taken a sleeping pill. Leaving the movie at its climax is the worst the audience could do to itself. Perhaps, I had been a victim to this..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment